Choosing a rental apartment in Jaipur, Gurgaon, Delhi, Chandigarh or any other developing city is difficult considering not only the ever increasing prices but also the increasing demand. Despite this, even if you manage to get the rental apartment of your choice there will be several things that you’ll have to check into, and these are the things to know before renting an apartment.
This guide by Keys90 has been prepared keeping in mind the women who choose to rent an apartment alone in a city. If you’re one such woman you need to read this blog until the end.
- Check the Type of Apartment: The first thing you need to consider when renting an apartment is checking the type of apartment it is. Get all the details of the type of the apartments – whether or not they function independently. If you get the opportunity check the entire building and decide wisely. Never jump to conclusions without searching your options well.
- Get to Meet the Landlord: It is always recommended that you meet the landlord and get all the details directly from him rather than going with the ideas of the broker or concerned middleman. Get whatever information you need; take your time and only when you’re sure should you decide to move into the apartment.
- Visit the Location: Next on the list of the most important things you should do is check the location. See the local market around, and the availability of other facilities. Make sure the local transport facilities are easily available from your residence so you never have to walk a long distance or transportation.
- Inquire About Other Tenants in the Building: Get all the information about other tenants living in the building. This is an important point to ensure you’re staying safe in the building. You can also ask the present tenants about any problems they’re facing here.
- Ask for a Rental Agreement: Make sure you have a prepared rental agreement and everything is well documented including the rent and other facilities, so you do not have to stay bothered later.
These are the five major points that also act as the necessary safety tips for women who are renting an apartment alone in any city. Make sure to look into these points and note them down so there is never a chance of missing out on anything.